Saturday, June 6, 2009

Making Sense of Senses



Although I have yet to read Living Sensationally: Understanding Your Senses (see my list of linked blogs), I thought it an apropriate time to post after reading this Times Online article (link below). Dr. Winnie Dunn explores an area I've often wondered about as I've worked with students in nutrition education-each individual experiences the sensations of their world differently, it shapes how they see food, love, life in general! Wouldn't understanding this be a big help in making the world a better place for us to live? I thought these pictures of my niece discovering the ocean illustrate the point quite well-these were overwhelming new sensations to her, but she was introduced to them in a way that worked for her, and she quickly learned to love the new experience!

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/body_and_soul/article2694061.ece

No comments:

Post a Comment